When looking at your building and grounds you have to think about turning the whole fabric of your school into a place where pupils, staff, and the wider school community can learn about – and practice – sustainable living every day.
This might mean choosing building technologies or interior furnishings and equipment for their low environmental impact, or simply developing your grounds in a way that helps pupils learn about the natural world and sustainable living.*
* Source: Manchester City Council (www.manchester.gov.uk)
- Climate Chaos (WWF) →
- The Atlas Toolkit (Atlas Schools Project) →
- Building a Climate Smart Future (NCB) →
- RSPB Big Schools’ Birdwatch →
- RSPB Wildlife Action Awards for Schools →
- RSPB Discover wildlife at school →
- LTL Conserving Wonder Sir David Attenborough→
- LTL Resources→
- LTL Outdoor learning spaces →
- CAT The Green House →
The Sustainable School’s Whole School Approach and the Sustainable Schools Alliance (SSA) membership programme for schools is a project of SEEd and helps schools embed sustainability and learning for sustainability throughout the school. The SSA is a network of schools across the UK who are working towards a Whole School Approach and can apply for recognition of the work they do on an annual basis.