The GLP is aimed at Key Stages 2 and 3, developing critical thinking and understanding of issues such as poverty, inequality, sustainability and global responsibility, through subject-based learning in key curriculum areas.
The GLP offers schools in England:
- A free peer-led locally-based programme of support to enhance teaching about global issues and whole school approaches to global learning;
- e-credits which schools can use to pay for CPD from approved providers;
- A specialised online audit tool for schools to highlight current global learning strengths and areas of priority;
- An individualised action plan for schools to understand how they might enhance future global learning provision;
- Curriculum guidance to support global learning in key subject areas;
- Easily-accessible and approved resources available to support classroom teaching and whole-school global learning initiatives;
- An online tool to assess pupils’ global learning;
- Opportunities for teachers to become accredited GLP Lead Practitioners and for schools to become GLP Expert Centres;
- The Innovation Fund to support teacher-led research on a global learning issue.
To find out more about the GLP and to register your school, visit: