Sustainability and Environmental Education (SEEd) is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of users.
As you browse our website and whenever you communicate with us, we collect information. It deepens our understanding of what works and what doesn’t, which helps make our communications more effective. The more information we have, the more efficiently we are able to operate. We take protecting your privacy very seriously and will always take all reasonable steps within our power to make sure your information is safe.
Please read this policy carefully, and any other documents referred to in this policy, to understand how we collect, use and store your personal information.
We may update this policy from time to time without notice to you, so please check it regularly, particularly if you are sending personal information to us. If you have any questions please write to us at email@example.com.
What information we collect
We collect information every time you interact with us. The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on why you are providing it. We collect two kinds of information from visitors to our website:
- non-personal information such as IP address (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed and files downloaded. This helps us to determine how many individuals use our sites, how many people visit on a regular basis, which pages are most popular, and which pages are least popular. This information doesn’t tell us anything about who you are or where you live, it simply allows us to monitor and improve our service.
- personal information such as name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, and card or bank details. We collect this information only in connection with specific activities, such as registration or newsletter requests, membership application, and competition entries etc. The information is either needed to fulfil your request or to enable us to provide you with a more personalised service by analysing or reviewing the information that you provide to ensure that we give you access to or send you the information that you are interested in. You don’t have to disclose any of this information to browse our sites. However, if you do choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
Usage of information
- fulfil your requests, for example applications for membership or newsletter supscriptions.
- process sales transactions or other payments and verify financial transactions;
- record any contact we have with you;
- provide you with information which we think may be of interest to you, as explained below.
As well as using personal information to fulfil requests, we also like to keep our supporters informed about SEEd’s activities, promotions and competitions, or about updates to our site. We never, ever, share personal information with other organisations. By registering for a SEEd event you will generally be agreeing to receive mailings or emails from SEEd but have the right not to receive this information.
If you do agree to receive this information (whether by entering a competition or otherwise), and later decide that you no longer wish to be contacted, you can let us know by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. If we contact you by email, each time you receive a message you will also have the option to decline to receive further information from us in that manner.
Who we share your data with
We do not sell or share personal details to third parties for the purposes of marketing.
In other cases we will not disclose any of your personal data except in accordance with this policy, or when we have your permission, or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or to protect the rights, property and safety of SEEd, or others. This includes disclosing your details if required to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisors.
How we keep your data safe
We aim to ensure that there are appropriate physical, technical and managerial controls in place to protect your personal details.
Our website may from time to time contain links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Despite all of our precautions however, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. So, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you disclose to us and so wish to draw your attention that you do so at your own risk.
Our sites contain links to other sites. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links from our websites and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit.
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you should be able to change your browser to prevent that. You should read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can set up your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, this should then give you the opportunity to decide whether to accept it. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of a website if you do so. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web.
Cookies can be used for a variety of purposes, such as providing personalised pages, but at present, we use them only to work out how many people visit our sites.
Further information about cookies can be found at the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s website www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may amend or update this policy at any time to take account of any changes to data protection law or other legislation. When further updates to the policy are made they will be posted on this page, but rest assured we won’t ever make any other changes to the way we use your data without asking you first.
Your Acceptance of these rights
The laws that dictate how your personal information can be used are:
SEEd, Upper Unit 5, Bay 4, The Co-op Centre, 11 Mowll Street, London, SW9 6BG
Last updated: June 2016