HEC Global Learning Centre, as a Development Education Centre promotes the values, aims and principles of global learning through all areas of education.
HEC’s aims are:
- To provide opportunities for schools to raise standards through curriculum enrichment and giving young people a voice.
- To promote a global perspective and understanding of sustainable development in the context of an interdependent system of lands and people.
- To engender an appreciation and celebration of the richness of cultural diversity in our, and other communities.
- To maintain and develop the resources to support curriculum development and provide in-service training and advice to teachers.
- To raise awareness among young people of the causes of injustice and inequality in a local, national and international context and to instil an understanding and empathy for oppressed peoples.
To find out more, please visit their website: