- Frustrated by so many repeated lessons on climate change?
- Not maximising the learning from your environmental activities?
- Struggling to develop an exciting, relevant and motivational local school curriculum?
- Looking for value for money CPD? Can’t leave school for CPD easily?
- Want to share and build on your current good practice in teaching and learning for sustainability?
- Need to find resources, new ideas and other curricula?
Join us online each month for a new facilitated discussion to look at current practice, identify resources, and discus how sustainability can best be integrated into a whole school curriculum. The sustainability topics have been worked up from our consultations over the past 18 months with hundreds of participants.
We will also be looking at why and how to teach this topic, exploring best practice from practitioners. Others who have already developed a curriculum will be sharing theirs.
We are using Moodle as the platform and each participant – school, organisation or educator will also get their own e-portfolio pages. Here you could work with you school or organisation to show others what you are already doing, or you could use it to begin to develop your own school curriculum and invite others from the Sustainability Curriculum community to help you with the process and suggest ideas for inclusion.
All this for £24 for the year! This pays for the facilitator and the online platform for this project. Sign up here (SEEd members receive 50% discount).
If you would like to gain some accreditation for your sustainability curriculum work – a Certificate of Participation for attending 10 online discussions will cost an extra £15. Or, if you would like to develop your own action learning project around developing a whole school curriculum on sustainability, sign up for this accredited course. You will be mentored throughout, deliver an action learning report and curriculum. The cost is £300 + £25 (tbc) for the accreditation through a UK University (more details to follow).
The calendar of monthly discussions is listed below:
- Habitat, home and community – 4 Nov 2012
- Energy- 2 Dec 2012
- Equality and Justice – 13 Jan 2013
- Health, well-being – 10 Feb 2013
- Water – 10 Mar 2013
- Nature – 14 April 2013
- Design for the future – 12 May 2013
- Eco-systems, bio-diversity – 9 June 2013
- Communications and media – 14 July 2013
- Working with the community – 4 August 2013
- Food, farming – 8 Sept 2013
- tbc – 6 Oct 2013
Others to follow:
Policy updates, Assessment, Curriculum-making, Climate change, Waste, Transport